struts-user mailing list archives

From josh t <josh_got...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Validation Issue - Validation Not Taking Affect
Date Tue, 09 May 2006 20:15:55 GMT
My form is extending ValidatorActionForm, not ValidateActionForm. Sorry about that.
  Extending ValidatorForm instead didn't help.

  Since I'm not getting any sort of errors, it's very hard to figure out where the issue may
reside.

"Chaudhary, Harsh" <HCHAUDHA@amfam.com> wrote:
  I am not 100% on this as I don't know the package "org.apache.struts.chain.commands.servlet.ValidateActionForm"
very well, but try extending your form from ValidatorForm from: org.apache.struts.validator.ValidatorForm

Harsh.

-----Original Message-----
From: josh t [mailto:josh_gotsch@yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 09, 2006 2:58 PM
To: user@struts.apache.org
Subject: Validation Issue - Validation Not Taking Affect

I'm trying to set up a very basic(generic) validation with struts 1.1 (and tiles) and I can
not get it to work. I'm not getting any errors or anything. Validation simply doesn't take
affect.
I believe I have everything in place. Here is some snippets from my file. Please let me know
if you know what the issue is.

Based on my configuration, my user id field should be required, however I can proceed w/o
entering any text in there!

from my validation.xml:

>From my ApplicationResources.properties:
errors.required={0} is required.

>From my struts-config.xml
type="com.raytheon.its.action.generic.GenericAction"
name="genericForm"
scope="request"
input="/WEB-INF/pages/generic.jsp"
validate="true">

My Form:

public class GenericForm extends ValidateActionForm {

private UserTO user;

//getter and setters for the user go here

}

*NOTE that UserTO has an attribute called userID, hence the nested field property name in
validation.xml

>From my generic.jsp

User ID: