struts-user mailing list archives

From gvanma...@comcast.net (Gary VanMatre)
Subject Re: OverWrite the properties file "Bundle.properties" in Shale
Date Wed, 10 May 2006 02:24:38 GMT
>From: "Wendy Smoak" <wsmoak@gmail.com>
>
> On 5/9/06, emily chen wrote:
>
> > I want to overwrite it to display more information. for example, change it
> to:
> > # org.apache.shale.component.Token
> > token.invalid=Invalid resubmit of the same form, but the first submit is
> processed.
> >
> > Is there any way to do that?
>
> Try configuring a message bundle for your application.
>
> There is an example on this page:
> http://wiki.apache.org/struts/Shale/Validation
>
> Let us know if that doesn't work for you. (It's been a while since
> I've worked with this, and I know there were some changes to Shale
> Validation since then.)

The Token component doesn't allow to override the message like the validator that Wendy mentioned.
 But, I agree that it should.  The CommonsValidator has a couple message overrides.  The first
is a message property and the second looks for bundles registered in the faces-config.

Seems like the Token component should work this way too.  Emily, please create a JIRA ticket
for this one (http://issues.apache.org/struts/secure/Dashboard.jspa).

Gary