struts-user mailing list archives

From Laurie Harper <lau...@holoweb.net>
Subject Re: Validator rule question
Date Mon, 10 Apr 2006 00:20:47 GMT
The problem is that validwhen's expression syntax isn't powerful enough
to describe date constraints. The best you could do with validwhen is to
say 'if field X has a value, this field must have a value too' and then
do the data validation server-side in the form-bean's validate() method.

The alternative is to create a custom validation rule, perhaps based on
the existing date validation rule, that also does the inter-field checking.

L.