struts-user mailing list archives

From panti...@firstenergycorp.com
Subject Re: [OT] Survey - how do others accomplish this...
Date Fri, 21 Apr 2006 19:05:26 GMT
I hope it's ok that I'm asking this here. I know it's not technically a
Struts-related question.

Based on the link Wendy provided, I googled "ServletContextListener" and
found this
(http://www.stardeveloper.com/articles/display.html?article=2001111901&page=1)
 which sounded like exactly what I'm looking for.  Thanks Wendy!

Also, liked the SessionListener example later in the article and tried it.
It seems to increment the activeSessions counter just fine as long as the
session is being created by a jsp or servlet. However, it doesn't seem to
do anything if I open a new browser window and bring up a simple html page
in that webapp. I'm sure there is a good explanation for it but I don't
understand.

Can anyone explain it to me?

Would this be a good way to monitor how many active sessions a webapp has
or is there a better, more efficient, more standard way of doing it?

Thanks!

David

             "Wendy Smoak"
             <wsmoak@gmail.com
                                       "Struts Users Mailing List"
             04/20/2006 02:11          <user@struts.apache.org>

                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         Re: [OT] Survey - how do others
               "Struts Users           accomplish this...
               Mailing List"
             <user@struts.apac
                  he.org>

http://www.nabble.com/Re%3A-Class-that-%22listens%22-is-app-%22alive%22-p4008084.html

--
Wendy

personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. If
the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an
agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that you have received this document in error
and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of
this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify us immediately, and delete
the original message.