struts-user mailing list archives

From Alan Treece <aj.tre...@sun.com>
Subject log4j and Struts v1.2.9
Date Tue, 18 Apr 2006 18:26:59 GMT
I'm in the process of migrating a Struts v1.1 app to Struts v1.2.9
and having problems with log4j. After pulling the the Struts jar
files I've got all of the compile errors/warnings fixed, but when I
stop and start the web server I get:

warning: CORE3283: stderr: log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for
logger (org.apache.struts.util.PropertyMessageResources).
warning: CORE3283: stderr: log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j
system properly.
failure: WEB2798: [] ServletContext.log(): action: null
java.lang.InstantiationException
         at
sun.reflect.InstantiationExceptionConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance
(InstantiationExceptionConstructorAccessorImpl.java:30)
         at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance
(Constructor.java:274)

Log4j worked as expected for v1.1... Is there a change required for
Struts v1.2.x to allow log4j? The only thing that has changed (that
I'm aware of) concerning log4j is the 1.2.9 release of Struts. Do I
need to change some properties or xml files to allow log4j to work
with v1.2.x?

Thanks, ajTreece