struts-user mailing list archives

From "Dinesh Mehra" <dineshme...@gmail.com>
Subject Validation help required
Date Mon, 24 Apr 2006 18:46:38 GMT
Hi,

I am using struts 1.1

I have two textboxes (username, password).
My requirements is
- I need to display a standard error message when both the fields are empty
or when either of the field is empty.
- I need to display a different error message when both the the fields are
filled but username-pwd do not match.

In validation.xml I declared two field properties each for username and
password with the same msg key but the problem is that when the form is
submitted with both the fields empty then the same error msg appears twice.
How to rectify this situation.

Any kind of help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.
Dinesh