struts-user mailing list archives

From "王曾wang_zeng" <wangzengveryc...@gmail.com>
Subject how to include a "do" url?
Date Sat, 08 Apr 2006 11:06:38 GMT
     I am developing a web site, and my work is based on the prototype
already made by people who are in charge of designing UI. All my work start
from the point when I get these 11 beautifully designed but static pages,
and my task is to make them dynamic and have real meaning. To achive this
goal,I use "<jsp:include>" tag in these static pages to include the url of
the page which has some function that fetch data from database and fomat
them properly. codes are as follow:
-------index.jsp---------
//some static parts
<jsp:include page="getprojects.do" />

-------GetProjectsAction.class-----
//...
//fetch data from database
//encapsulation into beans
//put beans into request

return mapping.findForward("sucess");

//...

-------projectsbox.jsp(sucess)-------
//read beans in request
//formating the data
But these codes will result an exception caused by "the response has
commitded". So I made some change to the codes.Modified codes are as follow:
 -------index.jsp---------
//some static parts
<jsp:include page="projectsbox.jsp" />

-------projectsbox.jsp-------
<jsp:include page="getprojects.do" />
//read beans in request
//formating the data

 -------GetProjectsAction.class-----
//...
//fetch data from database
//encapsulation into beans
//put beans into request
return null;
Then,they works.If anybody can know what I mean,please try to explain the
reason to me,and I'll really appreciate your replay.