struts-user mailing list archives

From Richard Wallace <rwall...@thewallacepack.net>
Subject [shale] JSF AJAX components using Shale
Date Thu, 20 Apr 2006 17:49:20 GMT
Hey everyone,

I hope you don't mind the cross post, but I just wanted to point this
out to everyone.

https://blueprints.dev.java.net/ajaxcomponents.html

The AJAX components use Dojo for the client-side and build on
Shale-remoting for the server-side.  I had a similar idea and was even
working on creating some components in my spare time, but hadn't gotten
this far.  I know there are also some components in MyFaces sandbox, but
I don't think those are as far along as these either.

Very cool and exciting stuff.  I especially like the AJAX fileupload and
the validator.  The progress bar is cool too, but I can't see any way to
use it in cases where the progress is indeterminate like processing a
credit card or some other task that you don't know how long it's going
to take.

Rich