struts-user mailing list archives

From Karin Schellner <karin.schell...@researchstudio.at>
Subject Re: LookupDispatchAction and Internationalization
Date Wed, 05 Apr 2006 15:24:43 GMT
Thanks for the info - I was already using a UTF-8 filter that does the
following (as all my input-fields should accept special characters):

-------------------------
     request.setCharacterEncoding("UTF8");
     chain.doFilter(request, response);
-------------------------

but in the meantime, I found out, that my special problem is only
occuring when run from within my IDE, but everything worked fine when
deployed on Tomcat. so I think I can live with that ...

cheers,
karin.

starki78 wrote:

>Ciao,
>
>I few days ago I stepped over an encoding servlet-filter.
>It checks before each action the encoding of the request
>and can change it to the value you would like to have.
>
>Perhaps this would be a good solution for your problem!
>
>Nice greetings

>Cc          :
>Date      : Wed, 05 Apr 2006 10:46:12 +0200
>Subject : LookupDispatchAction and Internationalization
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>I am using Struts 1.2.7 with the LookupDispatchAction and everything
>>works fine, as long as the labels of the buttons (=values of the keys of
>>the resourcebundles) are not using special characters. If there are
>>special characters I get the following error:
>>
>>missing resource 'Hinzuf?' in key method map
>>

>>so it seems, that there is a problem with the special character "├╝"
>>(\u00FC), because the real value should be 'Hinzuf├╝gen' - but cannot be
>>interpreted and is therefore replaced by a question mark.
>>
>>In my messageresource property-file I have replaced all special
>>characters with the according \uxxxx-coding, but it seems that at some
>>other place (struts-config.xml ?!) I have to tell the Struts-framework
>>to use Unicode ...
>>
>>Thanks in advance for any hints in this matter!
>>
>>cheers,
>>karin.
>>
>>--
>>
>>"Any idiot can face a crisis.  It is the day-to-day living that wears you out." -
Anton Chekov

DI Karin Schellner
Research Studios Austria - Digital Memory Engineering
ARC Seibersdorf research GmbH

Thurngasse 8/20, A-1090 Wien
M. +43.664.825-1105
T. +43.1.585-0537
F. +43.1.585-3741

http://dme.researchstudio.at
--

"Any idiot can face a crisis.  It is the day-to-day living that wears you out." - Anton Chekov