struts-user mailing list archives

From "Frank W. Zammetti" <fzli...@omnytex.com>
Subject Re: Struts and AJAX
Date Wed, 05 Apr 2006 05:16:09 GMT
Struts Wiki page:

http://wiki.apache.org/struts/AjaxStruts

See especially the article referenced on this page for a decent
introduction as well as example Struts app.  Probably the best starting
point.

After that, have a look at AjaxTags here:

http://javawebparts.sourceforge.net

(Click javadocs and navigate to the AjaxTags package)

And also:

http://getahead.ltd.uk/dwr/

And also:

http://dojotoolkit.org/

There are TONS more libraries out there, so feel free to explore, but
these three are the ones I would personally suggest.  If you are not too
comfortable with Javascript, I would suggest AjaxTags might be your best
bet.  If you want something that makes it all look like remote procedure
calls, DWR is the way to go, and if you want a general-purpose library,
and especially if widgets are something you are interested in, Dojo is
worth a close look.

If you want a real-world example of a Struts apps with AJAX (just plain
AJAX, no library at all), there is one here:

http://struts.sourceforge.net/ajaxchat/index.html

HTH,
Frank

thamizh arasu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have developed application with struts. now i want to use ajax in my struts application.
using ajax we can avoid refreshing the whole page. instead of that it enough to refresh the
part of the page.

--
Frank W. Zammetti
Founder and Chief Software Architect