struts-user mailing list archives

From Adam Hardy <ahardy.str...@cyberspaceroad.com>
Subject Re: response.addHeader problem
Date Sat, 01 Apr 2006 16:42:08 GMT
Hi Amarakoon,

I think you are expecting those header attributes to behave like
cookies, but that's not so.

The action forward you choose is translated by struts into a 'redirect'
response, so instead of going out through the JSP layer, it goes
straight out to the browser as a W3C-defined 'redirect' and tells it to
go to the new URL. All headers are dropped by the browser, they don't
get passed around.

Adam

A Amarakoon on 30/03/06 16:54, wrote:
> By the way my struts.config looks like this.
>
> 	<action path  = /login"
>               type  = "my.actionClass"
>               name  = "LoginForm"
>               scope = "request" validate="false">
> <forward name = "destUrl" path = "http://localhost:8080/HeadSimulator/checker.do"
redirect="true" contextRelative="false" />