struts-user mailing list archives

From gvanma...@comcast.net (Gary VanMatre)
Subject Re: [Shale] Component name of f:facet
Date Sun, 09 Apr 2006 01:29:57 GMT
>From: Hermod Opstvedt <hermod@opstvedt.com>
>
> Hi
>
> I am almost done with at list that has a t:dataScroller attached to it (ref.
> the datascroller example of the MyFaces simple webapp). There they have :
> <h:panelGrid columns="1" styleClass="scrollerTable2"
>          columnClasses="standardTable_ColumnCentered" >
>    <t:dataScroller id="scroll_1"
>                    for="data"
>                    fastStep="10"
>                    pageCountVar="pageCount"
>                    pageIndexVar="pageIndex"
>                    styleClass="scroller"
>                    paginator="true"
>                    paginatorMaxPages="9"
>                    paginatorTableClass="paginator"
>                    paginatorActiveColumnStyle="font-weight:bold;"
>                    actionListener="#{scrollerList.scrollerAction}"
>                    >
>                <f:facet name="first" >
>                    <t:graphicImage url="images/arrow-first.gif" border="1"/>
>                </f:facet>
>
> Since facet is not defined in the shale-clay clay-config.xml file, I added a
> definition in mine to just get going:
><component jsfid="facet" extends="baseHtml"
>                    componentType="javax.faces.HtmlOutputText">
>  <attributes>
>         <set name="name" bindingType="VB" />
>  </attributes>
></component>>
>
> Abviously it does not render in the same way as f:facet in MyFaces does. So
> I tried to track down what componentType this is, but have come up with
> nothing so far.
>
> Anybody know ?

In Clay, the facet is an attribute of the component and element definitions (http://struts.apache.org/dtds/shale-clay-config/1_0/)

In JSF, the facet JSP tag is more of a namespace and doesn't have a component.  It just indicates
that it's not a normal child and ends up in another collection.  The load bundle is another
one that doesn't have a component.

Give this a try:

<component jsfid="tableNavFirst"
           facetName="first"
           extends="t:graphicImage">
  <attributes>
        <set name="url" value="images/arrow-first.gif" />
        <set name="border" value="1" />
  </attributes>
</component>

> Hermod