struts-user mailing list archives

From "Craig McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: has struts reached the saturation
Date Wed, 15 Mar 2006 22:13:37 GMT

> Dakota Jack wrote:
> > For my part, I have to disagree with Frank.  JSF has been around forever
> and
> > has no discernable traction.  Perhaps that is the reason Craig is a
> little
> > testy nowadays.  I don't know about that.
>
> I don't think it's fair to say it has no discernible traction.  I
> *would* however agree that it hasn't gotten the traction that was hoped
> for.  In either case, I for one am not sure at what point it is
> reasonable to completely dismiss something because it hasn't yet reached
> the top of the hill...

Please try these opinions out on the MyFaces crowd :-).  In case you didn't
know, that is an *Apache* project to produce an *Apache licensed*
implementation of JSF, along with some cool components that conform to the
spec.  Popularity is growing like wildfire -- and that was already true even
before the ADF Faces contribution that recently entered the Apache
Incubator.

Last time I looked, MyFaces has more active committers than Struts does
(action framework and Shale folks combined), and *lots* more commit
activity, if that is your criteria for success.  (In case you are wondering,
it's not mine).

Craig