struts-user mailing list archives

From Joe Germuska <...@Germuska.com>
Subject Re: Developing and running Struts on Tomcat without an Internet Connection
Date Fri, 17 Mar 2006 04:57:57 GMT
At 1:34 PM +1000 3/17/06, Hey Nony Moose wrote:
>Richard Yee wrote:
>
>>  I know this is supposed to work, but I'm getting an error starting up
>>  my Struts 1.2.8 application on Tomcat 5.5.15 when I unplug my computer
>>  from the Internet.
>>  The stack trace is:
>>
>>  java.net.UnknownHostException: jakarta.apache.org
>
>when i get these in this scenario i look for url references in xml, xsl,
>and dtd files in the assorted files and fetch the targetted file off the
>internet, put it locally and alter the url reference to point to the
>local file.   this usually works, but there's probably a more elegant
>way out of it ...  which i'm sure someone will post ... ?

The problem in this case is that you have the wrong DOCTYPE
declaration,  If your XML files carry the correct PUBLIC identifier,
then Struts will find the DTD for validation in the JAR.

For Struts 1.2.x, that would be:

      <!DOCTYPE struts-config PUBLIC
        "-//Apache Software Foundation//DTD Struts Configuration 1.2//EN"
        "http://struts.apache.org/dtds/struts-config_1_2.dtd">

Joe

--
Joe Germuska

"You really can't burn anything out by trying something new, and
even if you can burn it out, it can be fixed.  Try something new."
	-- Robert Moog