struts-user mailing list archives

From Joe Germuska <...@Germuska.com>
Subject Re: Dynamically adding form beans in plugin
Date Sun, 26 Mar 2006 00:16:44 GMT
Eamonn:

The plugin gets the specific ModuleConfig for the module in which the
<plugin> element appears.  If you want to perform a certain setup
operation in several modules, then each of them should repeat the
same <plugin> element (or as close to the same as is appropriate.)

If you only put the <plugin> element in one struts-config.xml, then
it will only be initialized once, for that specific module.

I'm not totally sure I understood your question, but if I did,
hopefully this helps.  We developed a library once that does
something like this where it reads from a database to set up a form
object.

Joe

--
Joe Germuska

"You really can't burn anything out by trying something new, and
even if you can burn it out, it can be fixed.  Try something new."
	-- Robert Moog