struts-user mailing list archives

From DGra...@EvergreenInvestments.com
Subject Re: [OT ]Re: obtaining server URL (or ip and port) from plugin
Date Thu, 16 Mar 2006 16:21:38 GMT
Did you even _LOOK_ at the url that I sent the first time?  Your slave
starts and fires init() and makes a call to the master, the master will
take the request and reconstruct the URL from the slave.

Posted again JUST IN CASE:
http://javaalmanac.com/egs/javax.servlet/GetReqUrl.html

-Dennis

Wojciech Ciesielski <wciesielski@f1.pl>
03/16/2006 11:14 AM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
Re: [OT ]Re: obtaining server URL (or ip and port) from plugin

DGraham@EvergreenInvestments.com wrote:
> Assuming all of the "slaves" know the id of the "master", then maybe you

> have a RegisterServlet that's called by a slave processing servers
during
> their init? http://javaalmanac.com/egs/javax.servlet/GetReqUrl.html
>
> -Dennis

The problem is that slaves know master's URL but master also needs to
know URL of slave server because it calls their methods (like
http://myslave:8080/myProcessingApp/process.do) with tasks to process.
And I can't find a good way to determine URL of slave servers :-/

Wojtek