struts-user mailing list archives

From Emmanouil Batsis <Emmanouil.Bat...@eurodyn.com>
Subject Re: [OT] JMS, RMI, CORBA, SOAP or what?
Date Tue, 28 Mar 2006 13:10:50 GMT

Hello Tom,

In short, there is no panacea or golden formula. I usually go for EJBs
for my business logic (so, RMI & JMS). You can bypass RMI when on the
same JVM by using local interfaces and in some servers AFAIK you dont
even have to explicitly do that.

Personally, i try to avoid web services, especially the SOAP/WSDL crap
but thats just me. REST might be good if you like it. I have seen
several systems working perfectly for years with simple XML messaging
(asynchronous or not) over HTTP; it's the implementation quality that
matters here.

hth,

Manos