struts-user mailing list archives

From "Frank W. Zammetti" <fzli...@omnytex.com>
Subject Re: [FRIDAY] Re: has struts reached the saturation
Date Fri, 17 Mar 2006 22:19:39 GMT
Leon Rosenberg wrote:
> Hey Frank,
>
> even I agree with you most of the time (not meaning this thread, but
> more in general) I will play devil's advocate a bit.
> Do you remember how I came to you some time ago and said, hey cool
> project you have, let me contribute my struts extensions to your
> project.
> What was your answer then? :-)

That's a fair point :)  I have to be honest with you, I don't remember
the extensions you refer to.  I have no doubt it was exactly as you say
though :)

I was *going* to say that the difference is that when the project
started it was me and me alone, and that isn't the case any more.  There
are two other committers, and we have project bylaws that effectively
gives them the ability to do things even if I 100% disagree.  I started
out with complete control, and right now I essentially have none, and I
must follow the will of the leadership.  Ultimately, we are accountable
to the community insofar as if we do a bad job, there will be *no*
community :)

Like I said, I was *going* to say that, but it doesn't really change
your point... all three of us could still reject your extensions :)  You
would have to convince the community to convince us we are wrong.  So
yes, your 100% right, it's no different.

> This is too struts-dependent, that - too basical and this thing is
> completely out of scope. I'm not complaining, but isn't it the same
> reaction you received from the struts commiters yourself?

Yes :)  Your completely right, I have nothing to say :)

> There are always two sides of a medal (at least!) :-)
> regards

Indeed :)

> Leon

Frank