struts-user mailing list archives

From "Frank W. Zammetti" <fzli...@omnytex.com>
Subject Re: [OT] Java Hosting Providers, yes, I know it's been brought up before on the list.
Date Thu, 02 Mar 2006 04:28:09 GMT
While I agree they do this (it happened to me once), that is a risk you
run in ANY shared hosting environment... an admin has to make a quick
decision that will keep the other people sharing your box running, and
many times the easiest solution (and arguably best) is to shut down the
offending service, or app, or even domain, and then try and resolve it
with the person who owns the supposed offender.  They seem to be pretty
good at least of informing you in a timely fashion that they had to shut
X or Y down on you.  At least, the one time it happened to me this was true.

I have been with Lunarpages for I think close to 3 years now, something
like that, and it's been a fantastic experience overall.  I personally
WOULD recommend them... good price for what you get, and they are quite
responsive (in my experience) to support requests, and for the most part
let you do what you want (yes, there are some "not allowed" items to be
aware of as Wendy points out).  But, I seriously doubt they are checking
everyones' domains, they will only know if a problem arises, so if your
careful I suspect you can skirt that rule just a bit :)

Frank