struts-user mailing list archives

From "Henri Yandell" <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [FRIDAY] Re: has struts reached the saturation
Date Thu, 23 Mar 2006 07:42:06 GMT
On 3/22/06, Dakota Jack <dakota.jack@gmail.com> wrote:
> <snip>
> On 3/22/06, Niall Pemberton <niall.pemberton@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On 3/23/06, Henri Yandell <flamefew@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Struts is a cool community. The users are actively involved, in terms
> > > of answering and asking; people obviously care about the community -
> > > as shown by both your and Dakota's questions and by the desire of the
> > > committers to work to keep things together; and there's an active
> > > future happening plus legacy being actively maintained by both
> > > contributors and committers.
> >
> > I don't believe this is true -
>
> </snip>
>
> But, Henri does Niall.  Sometimes care is shown by saying that you think the
> whole thing is a mess.  The basic idea of Struts has a place, I think.  But,
> I have very little hope that the idea will survive this "community".

though you lost the important collorary in my point:

...but consensus is to give it a try, so let's get over the issue for
the moment and see how it goes.

Basically - we could debate the positives and negatives of community
direction til the cows not only go home, but also head back out again
because they're tired of being stuck in a barn with us.

The fact that the community has direction and is moving in that
direction is enough for me.

Hen