struts-user mailing list archives

From vinicius <vinic...@fcdl-rs.com.br>
Subject Re: tiles : "Path teste does not start with a "/" character"
Date Wed, 08 Mar 2006 19:14:19 GMT
Em Qua 08 Mar 2006 14:15, Greg Reddin escreveu:
> On Mar 8, 2006, at 10:49 AM, Joe Germuska wrote:

> > Which is a long way of saying that a tiles definition can be any
> > string, but if you get an IllegalArgumentException "Path XXX does
> > not start with a "/" character", the reason is that Tiles was not
> > able to replace the ActionForward whose path was a tiles definition
> > with one whose path is acceptable to
> > ServletContext.getRequestDispatcher()
>
> The thing that baffles me about that is that the action mapping is
> not specifying an action class.  So the only way it would not be able
> to find the forward is if either the ".teste" def doesn't exist or
> the TilesRequestProcessor is not specified.  I guess you should check
> the following:
>
> 1)  Any startup errors with Tiles?
No

> 2)  Is your tiles-defs.xml file in the right place?
Yes, in agreement  with struts-config.xml:
et-property property="definitions-config"
                       value="/conf/tiles-defs.xml" />

> 3)  Are you using TilesRequestProcessor?
i think so, see the stack trace:
java.lang.RuntimeException: Path teste.tiles does not start with a "/"
character
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.doForward(RequestProcessor.java:1055)
org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesRequestProcessor.doForward(TilesRequestProcessor.java:263)

My question is:
I just want to do a forward and change one tile of the layout, so i have to
especify an action class??

--
At.:
Vinicius Dittgen