struts-user mailing list archives

From "Michael Jouravlev" <jmi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: has struts reached the saturation
Date Wed, 15 Mar 2006 09:41:38 GMT
On 3/15/06, Niall Pemberton <niall.pemberton@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> [...]

Niall, thanks for recognizing of Paul's and mine contribution. I
really aprecciate this. Still, your "I don't plan to use" stance as
part of more general "dispatching actions are useless junk" position
does not really preventing people from stumbling upon the same
deficiencies of older implementations again and again instead of using
newer better stuff. Classes that are obsoleted must be deprecated. I
do not insist on removing them from the framework, no way. Just
deprecating them will tell people that they use something old and
smelly, yuck. At the same time new classes should be advertised, not
just in wiki but in official docs. This I call progress.

Michael.