struts-user mailing list archives

From "Niall Pemberton" <niall.pember...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: Why global error handling doesn't work with struts?
Date Wed, 01 Mar 2006 10:28:26 GMT
Maybe theres an error in your error page? Try replacing it with a simple
html page and see if that works. Also test your error page outside of the
error mechanism.

Niall

----- Original Message -----
From: "Partha Pratim Dutta" <pdutt@sapient.com>
Sent: Wednesday, March 01, 2006 4:39 AM

Hi All

I am running Tomcat 4.x and have tried to set global error handling
using the following entry in the web.xml file. But there is no
redirection and I always end up with 404 page not found error in the
browser. I am using struts 1.2 as the MVC framework for the application.

One more strange thing that I have noticed is that although the error
page doesn't show up but it prints the SOP statements on the console.
That means that it is getting redirected to the error page but why is it
not showing up then?

Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

<error-page>
<error-code>404</error-code>
<location>/weberror.jsp</location>
</error-page>