struts-user mailing list archives

From Hermod Opstvedt <her...@opstvedt.com>
Subject SV: [Shale] ClayforEach and Maps
Date Tue, 28 Mar 2006 16:57:13 GMT
Hi

It suddendly struck me that what I described below might be the cause of a
problem that I have been struggling with the last day. I have a page where I
display results from a regatta. These results are group by classes. In order
to do this I have a clayForEach tag where information about the class is
displayed for each row, and then a dataTable within that that displays the
results for that class. I could not get this to work whatever combination I
tried. I kept getting messages saying it could not find the property to
display in the dataTable column, and in the stacktrace it would refer to the
Hibernate Persistant set instead of the item within the set. It was at this
point I decided to nest a clayForEach instead. Which gave me the moaning
about the Map. Since this worked when I returned a List instead, I decided
to try again with the dataTable, and behold it works!

Hermod

-----Opprinnelig melding-----
Fra: Hermod Opstvedt [mailto:hermod@opstvedt.com]
Sendt: 28. mars 2006 18:40
Til: 'Struts Users Mailing List'
Emne: [Shale] ClayforEach and Maps

Hi

I am currently converting one of my websites from Struts to
Shale/Hibernate3/Spring. One of the issues I have had recently is the
clayForEach non-support of Maps. I have many many2one relationships, and
these return Maps. So I have to convert my Maps into ArrayLists before
returning to the view. Is there any good reason as to why Maps are not
supported?

Hermod