struts-user mailing list archives

From "Yariel Ramos Moreno" <yram...@ceis.cujae.edu.cu>
Subject Struts 1.1 and IExplorer
Date Wed, 08 Mar 2006 02:10:24 GMT
Hello:

I'm developing a web application using Struts 1.1 and Tiles. I have a tile for searchs consisting
in a JSP with the following code:
                    <bean:message key="search.go"/>
                    <bean:message key="search.adv"/>

I have an ActionForm asociated to it with the definition of searchText property and the get,
set and reset methods. Also, there is a LookupDispatchAction defining the mappings according
with the selected button. Here is the class:

public class SearchAction extends LookupDispatchAction {

 public ActionForward op_search(
           ActionMapping mapping,
           ActionForm form,
           HttpServletRequest request,
           HttpServletResponse response) {

           return mapping.findForward("showSearch");
 }

 public ActionForward op_advSearch(
           ActionMapping mapping,
           ActionForm form,
           HttpServletRequest request,
           HttpServletResponse response) {

           return mapping.findForward("showAdvSearch");
 }

 protected Map getKeyMethodMap() {
  Map<String, String> map = new HashMap <String, String> ();
        map.put("", "op_search");
        map.put("search.go", "op_search");
        map.put("search.adv", "op_advSearch");

        return (map);
 }
}

The line map.put("", "op_search"); is for the case I press Enter in the input area instead
of pressing one of the defined buttons (I'm not sure if it work this way, maybe I don't need
it).

When I execute my application in Mozila Firefox, pressing Enter in the input area, it works
fine and forwards to showSearch correctly. But when execute it in Internet Explorer, I get
the following exception:

SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet action threw exception
javax.servlet.ServletException: Request[/search] does not contain handler parameter named
searchType
at org.apache.struts.actions.LookupDispatchAction.execute(LookupDispatchAction.java:199)
at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestProcessor.java:484)
at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:274)
at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1482)
at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:525)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:709)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:178)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:105)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:107)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:148)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:869)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:667)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:80)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:684)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

What's the problem here? It's mine or it's an Internet Explorer bug with Struts 1.1? Is there
another way of doing what I want (calling the correct forward when I press Enter in the input
area), something like a default value for my property or another method (searchText)?

I need some help as soon as you can, please.

Thanks in advance.