struts-user mailing list archives

From Craig McClanahan <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [SHALE] Using the Test Framework
Date Fri, 10 Feb 2006 23:42:40 GMT

> The only classes in shale-test.jar that depend on the rest of Shale is the
> convenience base classes in  the org.apache.shale.test.base package.  The
> mock object classes  have no dependencies on Shale, so you're welcome to use
> them to support general JSF based development activities.

Actually, I need to refine this a little.  The base class
AbstractViewControllerTestCase is the only one that assumes a Shale API
(ViewController in this case).  AbstractJsfTestCase assumes only the
standard JSF, Servlet, and JSP APIs, making it tremendously useful for
testing pretty much any part of a JSF application, because it wires together
FacesContext and all the other pieces for you.

Craig

Craig