struts-user mailing list archives

From Laurie Harper <lau...@holoweb.net>
Subject Re: HTTP BASIC authentication
Date Sun, 05 Feb 2006 02:12:59 GMT
Prashanth.S wrote:
> Hello All,
>   I have got a simple question on BASIC authentication on webresources using Tomcat.
>
>   I had set up this BASIC authentication on tomcat and tomcat[because of my misconfiguration????]
 seems to authenticate user every time they accesses resource though the client is sending
back the jsessionID cookie for session tracking...

>   2 request-response formats are as follows..Ideally i dont expect it to throw me an
unauthorized error for the 2nd request..Can anyone point out what am i doing wrong??

You're not sending the Authorization header in the second request.
Remember, HTTP is stateless. Sessions are a web-app thing and have
nothing to do with HTTP authentication. Sending a session cookie has no
effect on HTTP authentication.

L.