struts-user mailing list archives

From "Shiby Maria John" <Shi...@ibsplc.com>
Subject Re: Tiles and Validator Framework
Date Wed, 01 Mar 2006 04:04:04 GMT

I am attaching my files here. I am using Tomcat 5.5.12.

my layout page - siteLayout.jsp

<%@ taglib uri="/Web-inf/tlds/struts-bean.tld" prefix="bean"%>
<%@ taglib uri="/Web-inf/tlds/struts-html.tld" prefix="html"%>
<%@ taglib uri="/Web-inf/tlds/struts-logic.tld" prefix="logic"%>
<%@ taglib uri="/Web-inf/tlds/struts-tiles.tld" prefix="tiles"%>

<head>
<title><tiles:getAsString name="title" ignore="true"/></title>
</head>
                  <tiles:insert attribute="tile1" ignore="true"/>
                  <tiles:insert attribute="tile2" />

Tile 1.jsp
<%@ taglib uri="/Web-inf/tlds/struts-html.tld" prefix="html"%>
<b>Name</b>

Tile2.jsp
<%@ taglib uri="/Web-inf/tlds/struts-html.tld" prefix="html"%>

<b>Address</b>
<b>E-mail address</b>

struts-config.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE struts-config PUBLIC "-//Apache Software Foundation//DTD
Struts Configuration 1.1//EN"

"http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/dtds/struts-config_1_1.dtd">

<struts-config>

      <data-sources>
      </data-sources>

      <form-beans>
            <form-bean name="myValForm" type="bean.MyValForm" />
      </form-beans>

      <global-forwards>
            <forward name="error_fwd" path="/jsp/Error.jsp" />
      </global-forwards>

      <action-mappings>
            <action path="/initVal" type="bean.MyValAction"
scope="request">
                  <forward name="success" path="validationDef"/>
            </action>
            <action path="/validate" type="bean.MyValAction"
name="myValForm" scope="request" validate="true"
input="validationDef">
                  <forward name="success" path="validationDef"/>
            </action>

      </action-mappings>

      <controller>
      </controller>

      <message-resources parameter="resources.resources"/>
      <message-resources parameter="resources.Validation"/>

      <plug-in className="org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesPlugin">
            <set-property property="definitions-config"

value="/WEB-INF/tiles-defs.xml" />
            <set-property property="moduleAware" value="true" />
            <set-property property="definitions-parser-validate"
value="true" />
      </plug-in>

      <plug-in
className="org.apache.struts.validator.ValidatorPlugIn">
                  <set-property property="pathnames"

value="/WEB-INF/validator-rules.xml,/WEB-INF/validation.xml" />
      </plug-in>

</struts-config>

MyValForm.java
package bean;

import org.apache.struts.validator.ValidatorForm;

public class MyValForm extends ValidatorForm {

      public MyValForm(){
                  super();
      }

   private String name;

   private String address;

   private String emailAddress;

   /**
       * @return Returns the address.
       */
      public String getAddress() {
            return address;
      }

      /**
       * @param address The address to set.
       */
      public void setAddress(String address) {
            this.address = address;
      }

      /**
       * @return Returns the emailAddress.
       */
      public String getEmailAddress() {
            return emailAddress;
      }

      /**
       * @param emailAddress The emailAddress to set.
       */
      public void setEmailAddress(String emailAddress) {
            this.emailAddress = emailAddress;
      }

      /**
       * @return Returns the name.
       */
      public String getName() {
            return name;
      }

      /**
       * @param name The name to set.
       */
      public void setName(String name) {
            this.name = name;
      }
   }

}

                      Dave Newton

                      com>                     cc:

                                               Subject:  Re: Tiles and Validator Framework

                      02/28/2006 07:57

                      PM

                      Please respond to

                      "Struts Users

                      Mailing List"

Shiby Maria John wrote:
> Anyone has an answer to my problem ??
>
> I want to use both Tiles and Validator in my application.
> Any tips why it is not working for me??

I use Tiles and the validation framework all the time with no
problems.

Dave