struts-user mailing list archives

From digant.k.jo...@jpmorgan.com
Subject Re: JSP 1.2 ( JSTL EL) and checkbox problem.
Date Mon, 27 Feb 2006 19:19:51 GMT
        No, I am using jsp version of EL
        <%@ taglib prefix="c" uri="http://java.sun.com/jstl/core" %>
        Do i have to use struts-el for making life easier, especially when
using checkbox or radio button  controls?
        What's the best way to get struts-el jar/tlds ?
        Thanks.
Digant

Dave Newton <newton@pingsite.com>
02/27/2006 01:50 PM

        cc:
        Subject:        Re: JSP 1.2 ( JSTL EL) and checkbox problem.

digant.k.joshi@jpmorgan.com wrote:
> 1.  Drop down default value selection should be done based on Form value
"sectorId" and when user chooses any value from drop down, value of
> ${sector.sectorId} should populate sectorId. I am getting
${sector.sectorId}displayed as all of my values in dropdown.

Are you using the EL versions of the Struts HTML taglib?
> 2.   I have big problem with html:checkbox, it doesn't communicate
values
> back from FormBean to Action servlet, even after overloading
> ActionForm.reset() method with default vaule.

Checkboxes don't get sent if they're not checked.

Dave