struts-user mailing list archives

From "brian papa" <brian.p...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: using tiles and setting a cookie
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2006 19:39:26 GMT
Well it looks like I've found the cause of the problem.

The ServletResponse object passed into my Controller's execute is
wrapped inside of ServletResponseWrapperInclude, which wraps an
instance of org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationHttpResponse. In that
class, the addCookie() method is overidden and ignores any attempt to
change a header - in my case, a cookie.

Does anybody have any experience with this? Should I just move the
cookie setting into an action? Is this a problem I will only see in
Tomcat (since ApplicationHttpResponse is in a catalina package)? Is
there some kind of workaround?

Thanks again for all your help.