struts-user mailing list archives

From "chadmichael@excite.com" <chadmich...@excite.com>
Subject Struts in Action book
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2006 21:33:26 GMT

I'm not trying to kiss anybody's anything -- I'm aware that these folks are active members
of this list.  But I would like to point out that the "Struts in Action" book is a one of
the better tech books that I've read.  I found it a bit too much when I was first learning
struts; I think this was becuase it covers so many things.  Its not dense, it just covers
a lot of ground.  For instance, it explains why you would want to use the <html:base/>
tag -- minor, but important.

After getting a bit grounded in the framework, I'm now rereading the book and find it an exemplary
and thorough coverage of the topic.  I particularly appreciate the insistence on good coding
and doing things according to "best practices."

I highly recommend this book for anyone.  Though I might recommend that a true newbie either
a) read slowly or b) maybe start with something else -- but I'm not aware of a more rudimentary
intro.

In a world full of bad books, thanks for the effort.