struts-user mailing list archives

From "Michael Jouravlev" <jmi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JSP 1.2 ( JSTL EL) and checkbox problem.
Date Mon, 27 Feb 2006 19:48:51 GMT
On 2/27/06, digant.k.joshi@jpmorgan.com <digant.k.joshi@jpmorgan.com> wrote:
> We are using tomcat 1.4.30 which in turn has jsp 1.2 version.
> JSTL EL works differently in this version meaning  For outputting text you should not
> <------------This doesn't work.

Use Struts-EL. This library allows to use EL syntax for JSP 1.2 containers.

> 2.   I have big problem with html:checkbox, it doesn't communicate values
> back from FormBean to Action servlet, even after overloading
> ActionForm.reset() method with default vaule.

Struts <html:xxx> tags is not simply a different way to display
dynamic data. They generate proper names of input elements, these
names are used on input phase by Beanutils to set form bean properties
using request data.

Michael.