struts-user mailing list archives

From ch...@kattare.com
Subject validator problems
Date Sat, 25 Feb 2006 15:47:31 GMT
Hi,
Sorry if you've seen this before – I sent it earlier but never saw it
come back.

I'm try to use the validator to check some details on a form (field
lengths for example).  When I run the form the validator doesn't seem to
run, though a call goes to it.  I end up with a stack trace in the logs like
org.apache.struts.validator.DynaValidatorForm validate
SEVERE:
org.apache.struts.validator.FieldChecks.validateRequired(java.lang.Object,
org.apache.commons.validator.ValidatorAction,
org.apache.commons.validator.Field,
org.apache.struts.action.ActionMessages,
javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest)
org.apache.commons.validator.ValidatorException:
org.apache.struts.validator.FieldChecks.validateRequired(java.lang.Object,
org.apache.commons.validator.ValidatorAction,
org.apache.commons.validator.Field,
org.apache.struts.action.ActionMessages,
javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest)
        at
org.apache.commons.validator.ValidatorAction.loadValidationMethod(ValidatorAction.java:627)

What am I doing wrong?