struts-user mailing list archives

From "Jari Fredriksson" <ja...@iki.fi>
Subject Re: Opening a MS Word from JSP/HTML
Date Mon, 20 Feb 2006 17:58:16 GMT
Anjishnu Bandyopadhyay wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> I have a static MS Word document, which I want to open on click of a
> hyperlink in my JSP page.
>
> I am trying like: window.open('abc.doc','',600,600);
>

> But the Word doc is not properly opening.
>
> In IE, the document opens in the browser itself.
>
> In Mozilla, the Word doc opens along with a blank screen.

This issue has nothing to do with Stuts. However... You ask your browser to
open a window, and the document into it. So IE does just what you ask it do.

Mozilla opens the window which you ask it to open, but the document opens in
another window, WinWord, I guess.

How about just an ordinary link <a href="abc.doc" ? It all depends what you
mean by "properly". Now you ask for a window in browser...