struts-user mailing list archives

From Werner Punz <we...@gmx.at>
Subject Re: [OT] Getting started is confusing [was] Re: Need advice between Shale or Struts-Faces
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2006 16:14:32 GMT
Rick Reumann schrieb:

> Please don't get me wrong, I'm not anti-JSF - I really like a LOT of it.
> I just wish there was some kind of effort to bring a lot of this
> together into one 'framework' - I know this goes against a lot of the
> open source thinking, but if Shale is that useful, which I believe it
> is, I'd like to see maybe absorbed into something like MyFaces.. is that
> a possibility? It's just confusing about what you truly need to get to
> be productive.

Just another sidenote before I have to leave, as it looks now, MyFaces
sort of slowly is becoming that framework.

Dont get me wrong, what you want is close to impossible, because JSF
basically is a spec upon which frameworks can build upon.
But given the current state of myfaces, although it is only JSF 1.1 for
now, it slowly is becoming a semi defacto framework of choice for many,
due to the fact, that the Tomahawk components are already very
extensive, Orcale currently is moving some of the ADF the codebase
towards apache (and it is very likely that it will end up in MyFaces)
and the Tobago components soon also will be in there, to my knowledge.

So recommending MyFaces as a framework starting point definitely is a
wise decision.