struts-user mailing list archives

From "David G. Friedman" <hum...@ix.netcom.com>
Subject RE: [FRIDAY] [Shale] Potential ADF Donation (was ... You might be a geek if ...)
Date Mon, 02 Jan 2006 15:17:28 GMT
Ted,

I like your subtle way of saying you don't know how
streamlined or easily maintainable a corporate code
donation "might" be.   I'll have to bring that up as a
heckler question at the Boston JUG on Thursday the 12th.

Regards,
David Friedman / humble@ix.netcom.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Ted Husted [mailto:ted.husted@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, January 02, 2006 7:32 AM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: [FRIDAY] [Shale] Potential ADF Donation (was ... You might be a
geek if ...)

The true facts are that Oracle would like to donate ADF Faces and
MyFaces is willing to consider the donation. But, the code that Oracle
would like to donation has still not been made available, and ADF
developers have yet to become actively involved in MyFaces.

At this point, we have no idea whether the MyFaces community would be
able maintain the codebase (since we haven't seen it), and we also
have no idea whether the ADF developers can work within an open source
community yet (since most of them haven't tried). .

For more, see the MyFaces dev@ thread

* http://www.mail-archive.com/dev%40myfaces.apache.org/msg08737.html

which is also the best place to discuss the ADF donation in general.

While this is interesting news for JSF and MyFaces, unless or until
the proposed donation becomes an actual open source product, the
relevance to Struts and Shale is peripheral at best.

-Ted.