struts-user mailing list archives

From Antonio Petrelli <brenmcgu...@tariffenet.it>
Subject Re: [Tiles] Definition with extends and path attributes
Date Tue, 31 Jan 2006 16:55:15 GMT
David G. Friedman ha scritto:
> Antonio,
>
> Could you use a Controller class to change the path="..." attribute for yourself based
upon some criteria or variable
> you set in scope (request/session).  With that method, you could have one base class
instead of using the same name
> twice in two different files.  If you are interested in this method, see the Tiles Advanced
Features PDF.

Thanks but no thanks :-P
The power of Dimensions is that the "real" definition is decided AFTER
its name is decided, so that you can use the same name for different
appearances (one for PC with browser, one for PDAs, etc.)
Anyway I don't want to mix up view and controller parts.
Thank you anyway :-)
Antonio