struts-user mailing list archives

From gvanma...@comcast.net (Gary VanMatre)
Subject Re: [shale] Clay - Logic components?
Date Fri, 02 Dec 2005 15:59:13 GMT
> Hi,
>
> I am wondering right now how is it possible to generate a dynamic data
> list component (dl) since no faces package offer it. First, I taught
> no problem, Clay solves this situation quite easily but right now I am
> stuck. I don't know how to make a loop to render all list elements.
> Tapestry offers the forEach component to solve this problem. Is Shale
> going to go this way too? Gary any suggestions?

Clay doesn't have a forEach component yet.  The Clay component is a Naming Container so I
don't think it would be too bad to implement.  I've been thinking about it but for now the
best Clay solution would be to use the shapeValidator event to generate your list at runtime.
 Take a look at the Rolodex example.  The tabs are generated using the runtime callback method
to the ViewController.  All you are doing here is creating the same metadata generated by
digesting the XML config files.  It looks kind of messy but it's very powerful.

Gary