struts-user mailing list archives

From Laurie Harper <lau...@holoweb.net>
Subject Re: html:rewrite with params (solved)
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2005 21:31:58 GMT
Thomas Hamacher wrote:
> But anyways: does anybody know, if the parameters, given through paramId are
> saved in an ActionForward? This would help me a lot, because I have to
> remember the parameters - if any are used - together with my ActionForward
> for later references. Right know I'm trying a workaround with my own
> RequestProcessor, which tries to cut out the parameters and save it somewhere
> and add it later to the ActionForward, but that doesn't work that well.

I'm not quite sure what you're trying to do. The parameters you specify
through paramId are request parameters to include in the URL. They're
available in your action through your form bean or from
request.getParameter().

An ActionForward is what your action returns to tell Struts where to
forward control to after the request has been processed. So the
parameters you setup when you construct the URL don't have anything to
do it.

Perhaps you can explain what you are trying to achieve by saving the
parameters?

L.