struts-user mailing list archives

From Laurie Harper <lau...@holoweb.net>
Subject Re: [HELP] the problem with I18n
Date Wed, 09 Nov 2005 03:09:50 GMT
Two things:

1) properties files should not be saved as UTF-8. Java requires them to
be in ASCII with Unicode escapes. You can use the native2ascii utility
to convert your UTF-8 files to the correct format.

2) your JSP page needs to set the content-type to correctly identify the
encoding:

<%@ page contentType="text/html; charset=UTF-8"%>

L.

Pham Anh Tuan wrote:
> hi all,
>
> I got a problem with I18n, the browser couldn't automatically turn UTF-8 encoding on
when jsp page is showed, so, the content is showed incorrectly :( ... If I want the content
to show correctly, I must change the encoding setting of the browser to UFT-8, I tested on
IE, Firefox, the result is the same above :(