struts-user mailing list archives

From Yujun Liang <yujun.li...@acm.org>
Subject Re: java.util.Date in Action Form Bean
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2005 20:22:07 GMT
Hubert, your input is quite valuable. But I just wonder this suppose to be
handled by Struts itsself,

You may also place a bean instance on your form, and use nested property
references. For example, you might have a "customer" bean on your
ActionForm, and then refer to the property
"customer.name<http://customer.name>"
in your presentation page. This would correspond to the methods
customer.getName() and customer.setName(String Name) on your customer bean.
See the Apache Struts Taglib Developer Guides for more about using the
nested syntax.
http://struts.apache.org/struts-core/userGuide/building_controller.html#action_form_classes

Do you know whether this BeanDef works with Validator?

Thanks.