struts-user mailing list archives

From Rahul Akolkar <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: c:forEach does not recognize HashSet when combined with nested EL ?
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2005 19:55:29 GMT
On 11/1/05, Keith Sader <ksader@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry, I was reading off of the cuff - my mistake.  Let me look at this again...
>
> On 11/1/05, Raghu Kanchustambham <kraghu@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi Keith,
> > Thanks for responding.
> >  However, How will this solve my problem? The problem is that the control is
> > not entering into the loop in the first place. And you have put additional
> > statements in the loop body. I have anyways tried it, and it did not work.
> >  Regards,
<snip/>
> It looks like your items should be
> items='${studentEnrollentForm.studentEnrollment.paymentDetails}'
>
> I don't work with DynaActionFroms normally, so this may be something
> you have to look up from JSTL documentation.
<snip/>

Or Struts documentation ;-)

DynaActionForms store a Map of property values, with an aptly named
getter, which gives us this expression:

${studentEnrollentForm.map.studentEnrollment.paymentDetails}

There has been talk about eliminating the need to access the Map first
to get to the property value.

-Rahul