struts-user mailing list archives

From Joe Germuska <...@Germuska.com>
Subject Re: 1.3 Struts Validator Plugin Bug
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2005 15:46:07 GMT
By default, Struts expects a path as the value to "input", not a
forward name.  You must explicitly configure if you prefer to use the
forward name.

See
http://struts.apache.org/struts-core/userGuide/configuration.html#controller_config,
specifically the "inputForward" attribute.

Joe

At 2:19 PM +0000 11/17/05, Aaron Evans wrote:
>Following the example validator application, I make a simple action config
>like so:
>
><!--  Contact Action -->
>		<action path="/contact" forward="/contact.jsp" />
>		<action path="/contact-submit"
>type="com.mycompany.actions.ContactAction"
>			name="contactForm" scope="request" validate="true"
>input="input-form">
>			<forward name="input-form" path="/contact.do" />
>			<forward name="success" path="/contacted.jsp" />
>		</action>
>

>I have the validator plugin turned on and validating the form. If I submit
>it with no form values filled in, then I get the following exception:
>
>java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Path input-form does not start with
>a "/" character
>
>The reason?  The action's input attribute is set to the value "input-form".
>This simply references the forward named "input-form", just like the example.
>But the validator plugin errors out because the "input-form" does not start
>with a "/".
>
>Changing the input attribute and forward name to "/input-form" does not
>help because it then tries the literal URI "/input-form" and I then get
>a 404 with:
>
>The requested resource (/input-form) is not available.

Joe Germuska
Joe@Germuska.com
http://blog.germuska.com