struts-user mailing list archives

From Greg Reddin <gred...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Tiles, pass parameters between tiles's frames
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2005 14:51:31 GMT
On Nov 2, 2005, at 6:51 AM, Rodolfo GarcĂ­a Esteban/CYII wrote:
> I have a problem with tiles, I have four tile`s frames: a head, a
> menu, a
> content and a foot. I load all the frames from a JSP which is
> generic I
> need to pass parameters from the content frame to the menu frame, I
> have
> tried some alternatives without success. I would appreciatte any help.

What are some of the alternatives you've tried?  Are the parameters
you are passing part of the Tile definition or stored somewhere  else?

One caveat:  You should never rely on the order of Tiles being
processed in a template.  For example suppose you have a menu tile
and a content tile.  If you add a request attribute in the content
tile, hoping it will be available in the menu tile, it won't work if
the menu tile has already been processed.  But you can set something
in the request before the template is invoked (i.e. in your Action if
you're using Struts).

Greg