struts-user mailing list archives

From James Mitchell <james.l.mitch...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Struts + Spring + Hibernate
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2005 17:26:16 GMT
You can use [1]Middlegen to [2]generate *.hbm.xml files, then use [3]
hbm2java to generate Pojos.

[1] -- http://boss.bekk.no/boss/middlegen/
[2] -- http://www.hibernate.org/98.html
[3] -- http://hibernate.bluemars.net/276.html

Combine this with Spring's OpenSessionInView and the Struts' wild
card action mapping, and you'll find yourself developing at lighting
speed.

In fact, one of my clients have extended Middlegen to generate the
following (in addition to the *.hbm.xml files) from any data source:
a) a default Dao layer (each of which extends HibernateDaoSupport)
b) a base service layer with a stock set of finders using the
injected Dao's from (a)
c) an extended service layer impl (1 time gen) that extend (b) so
future regen's of (b) don't overwright custom code
d) unit tests for all generated sources
e) all of the xml needed to wire together the Dao and Service layers.

All I have to do, is create a new Facade and impl, and with Springs
autowiring, my crud work is done.  The whole thing is quite
impressive and serves as a pretty nice launchpad for a new
project...which leads to my next link:

https://appfuse.dev.java.net/

--
James Mitchell