struts-user mailing list archives

From "Neil Mendoza" <nmend...@prytaniagroup.com>
Subject RE: Map-backed ActionForms PLEASE HELP!!!!
Date Wed, 09 Nov 2005 20:08:44 GMT
Yes they are all in the same package.

Thanks in advance...

N.

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Jouravlev [mailto:jmikus@gmail.com]
Sent: Wed 11/9/2005 7:12 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: Map-backed ActionForms PLEASE HELP!!!!

>>From what you posted it is not obvious that your ActionForm belongs to
com.prytaniagroup.www package. Does it?

Michael.

On 11/9/05, Neil Mendoza <nmendoza@prytaniagroup.com> wrote:
> OK, I'm climbing up the walls trying to make Struts populate a map-backed action form.
 This should be a simple task but I cannot get it to f*&king work and it is driving me
insane...  The reset method is called before the form is first displayed and the resulting
jsp is populated with the value set in the reset method, i.e. it's accessing the map correctly.
 However, when the form is submitted the reset is called again but the form bean is not populated
from the request before it gets to the action...

> [...]
>                 things.put(key, value);
>     }
>     public Object getThing(String key) {
>         return things.get(key);
>     }
>
>     public void reset(
>             ActionMapping arg0,
>             HttpServletRequest arg1) {
>                 setThing("name", "test");
>                 System.out.println("reset called");
>
>           }
> }
> form jsp
>
> <%@ taglib uri="/tags/struts-bean" prefix="bean" %>
> <%@ taglib uri="/tags/struts-html" prefix="html" %>
> <head>
> <title>Employee Form</title>
> </head>
> <h1>Employee Form</h1>

> Action class
>

> package com.prytaniagroup.www;
>
> import org.apache.struts.action.Action;
> import org.apache.struts.action.ActionForward;
> import org.apache.struts.action.ActionMapping;
> import org.apache.struts.action.ActionForm;
> //import org.apache.commons.
>
> public final class StrutsTestAction extends Action {
>
>     public ActionForward execute(ActionMapping mapping,
>                                  ActionForm form,
>                                  HttpServletRequest request,
>                                  HttpServletResponse response)
>         throws Exception {
>                         StrutsTestForm strutsTestForm = (StrutsTestForm)form;
>                         System.out.println((String)strutsTestForm.getThing("name"));
>                         System.out.println((String)strutsTestForm.getThing("age"));
>                         return (mapping.findForward("success"));
>     }
> }

> extracts from strusts-config.xml
>
>  <form-beans>
>
>         <form-bean
>             name="StrutsTestForm"
>             type="com.prytaniagroup.www.StrutsTestForm"/>
>     </form-beans>
>
>   <action-mappings>
>
>         <action
>             path="/setupstrutstestform"
>             forward="/strutstestform.jsp"/>
>
>         <action
>             path="/sta"
>             type="com.prytaniagroup.www.StrutsTestAction"
>             name="StrutsTestForm"
>             scope="request"
>             validate="false">
>
>             <forward name="success" path="/confirmation.jsp"/>
>         </action>
>
>     </action-mappings>
>
>  ---
> This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the
> intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender
> immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution
> of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden. The Prytania Group has taken every
> reasonable precaution to ensure that any attachment to this e-mail has been swept for
> viruses. However, we cannot accept liability for any damage sustained as a result of
> software viruses and would advise that you carry out your own virus checks before

 ---