struts-user mailing list archives

From Hubert Rabago <hrab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [FORMDEF] Combining FormDef and Struts form definitions
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2005 18:49:41 GMT
On 11/2/05, Michael Jouravlev <jmikus@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hubert,
>
> I cannot find if you explained it already, how to combine FormDef and
> a regular Struts dynaform definitions. In your manual you write only
> about DynaValidatorForm.

FormDef can only work with forms defined by FormDef.

> Considering your recent patch to DynaActionForm, I would like to
> define a form with resettable properties, and to use FormDef to link
> it to business object. How do I do that?

You can specify the form type:

    <form-definition>
        <formset>
            <form name="myForm"
                beanType="com.my.dto.MyBean"
                formType="com.my.web.MyCustomDynaForm"/>
        </formset>
    </form-definition>

http://www.rabago.net/struts/formdef/manual.htm#formtype

> Also, would be nice if you included complete modified classes into
> FormDef distro, so they can be JARred directly into existing Struts
> setup. Just put a warning about possible incompatibilities with
> versions other than 1.3 ;-) (Is it for 1.3? Should work in 1.2.x I
> guess).

Did you mean the resettable DynaForms?

> Michael.

Hubert