struts-user mailing list archives

From Rick Reumann <strut...@reumann.net>
Subject Re: Lists within lists issue
Date Wed, 09 Nov 2005 16:01:39 GMT
Michael Jouravlev wrote the following on 11/8/2005 7:15 PM:

>> property="someObject[${aProp.someIndex}].subobject[${bProp.someIndex}].someField"/>

> Any idea how to simplify input using JSTL 1.1 (JSP 2.0) only?

Well, that would be pretty much impossible without writing a tag to do
it (since as it stands how could JSP or JSTL have any idea what your
nested property names are?). If you did make a tag to do it you would
end up with is something similar to the nested tag:) I think a generic
"nestedGeneric" tag would be nice which acts like the nested tag but is
used to just output the correctly structured name property for nested
elements.

--
Rick