struts-user mailing list archives

From "Murray Collingwood" <mur...@focus-computing.com.au>
Subject Re: Peculiar error with <html:form>....
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2005 20:21:38 GMT
The clue is....you haven't read the manual.

You are creating a target in your JSP called "myPage".  Your struts-config doesn't
define this target anywhere.  It needs to be in your action-mappings.  Also, because the
target includes a form you need to specify the "NAME" attribute to identify a form-bean
entry which ties it all back to your pojo.  I'll bet your totally lost now and just wishing

somebody would tell you what to write.... (been there, done that).

There are lots of example Struts apps around that work.  Download one of these and
use it for reference.  I started with a forum example from John Topley, it seemed to be
well written and even looking back now I think it was pretty good.  You will find it at:
http://www.sitepoint.com/article/struts-first-steps

Cheers
mc

On 2 Nov 2005 at 12:12, Jacob Wilson wrote:

> Hi Dave -
>
> Even without the name attribute it is the same !!!

> Here is my struts-config
>
> <struts-config>
>   <form-beans>
>     <form-bean name="RoleForm" type="com.ui.forms.FormnnName" />
>   </form-beans>
>   <global-forwards>
>     <forward name="error" path="/iam_error.jsp" />
>     <forward name="invalidUser" path="/iam_invalid_user.jsp" />
>   </global-forwards>
>   <action-mappings>
>      <action input="/iam_admin_role_my_roles.jsp" name="FormName"
path="/myRoles.do" scope="request" type="com.ui.actions.MyPage"/>
> </action-mappings>
>   <!-- Message Resources -->
>   <message-resources parameter="ApplicationResources" null="false"/>
>   <plug-in className="org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesPlugin">
>     <set-property property="definitions-config" value="/WEB-INF/tiles-defs.xml" />
>   </plug-in>
>   <plug-in className="org.apache.struts.validator.ValidatorPlugIn">
>     <set-property property="pathnames" value="/WEB-INF/validator-rules.xml,/WEB-
INF/validation.xml" />
>   </plug-in>
> </struts-config>
>

> Any clues???
>
> Thanks
> Jacob
>
> Dave Newton <newton@pingsite.com> wrote:
> Jacob Wilson wrote:
>
> >I have a problem with my jsps after migrating my application from tomcat to
Websphere. I use the struts-html taglibs in my jsps. When I use the normal html form
tag like below, everything looks fine and the page gets displayed without problems.

> >When I use the struts-html taglib like below, the jsp that shows up on the browser
is
totally empty....

> >I had made sure that the action is present in struts-config.xml. Also, when I say

action="myPage" in the form tag does not work.

> I am suspicious of the "name" attribute. Or at least I am now that I
> figured out what the difference between the two JSP chunks actually was.
>
> I've never used "name" in html:form (I didn't even know you could);
> "name" is created by html:form using the "action" attribute and the
> "name" attribute in the action's configuration.
>
> But you didn't include any struts config info, so who knows.
>
> Dave

FOCUS Computing - web design
Mob: 0415 24 26 24
murray@focus-computing.com.au