struts-user mailing list archives

From "Leahy, Kevin" <Kevin.Le...@drkw.com>
Subject Tiles: nesting one template inside another?
Date Wed, 09 Nov 2005 12:18:19 GMT
I have a generic company layout mainly composed of the menu navigations
system.

I have also a 'Search' type form. The search form will be used in various
different tiles because it is relevant to View, Edit, Update, Save etc
functionality.

What I want to do is kind of nest the Search Form layout inside the generic
company layout so that in my tiles definitions file I keep the generic
company part and still inject other tiles into the Form part.

I have a generic layout A :

<head>
<title><tiles:getAsString name="title" /></title>
</head>
<tiles:insert attribute="content" />
<script language="JavaScript">buildMenus();</script>

All pages will use this layout.
But I also have a Search form that will be used in many pages: view, edit,
save etc.

The form consists of many common elements and will change only slightly
according to context. At the moment I have implemented this using a separate
layout manager which is a cut and paste of layout A but with other tiles
inserts.

<head>
<title><tiles:getAsString name="title" /></title>
</head>
<form>
<tiles:insert attribute="xx" />
<tiles:insert attribute="yy" />
</form>
<script language="JavaScript">buildMenus();</script>

But it seems that I should be able to define a the form as a layout and use
the generic layout as a starting point and inject the tiles into the form
layout.

Am I just missing something obvious in the documentation? Or has anyone done
something similar?

Many thanks

Kevin
 ------